The safety and well-being of our school and community members is always our top priority. We all have procedures in place as part of our emergency operating plan[s] to handle situations regarding the spread of illness.
To help prevent the spread of respiratory diseases, the CDC recommends the following actions:
- Frequently wash your hands for 20 seconds or more with soapy water. If unavailable, use hand sanitizer.
- Avoid close contact with people who are sick.
- Avoid touching your eyes, nose and mouth.
- Stay home when you are sick.
- Cover your cough or sneeze with a tissue, then throw the tissue in the trash.
- Clean and disinfect frequently touched objects and surfaces using a regular household cleaning spray or wipe.
Please feel free to communicate with your local school district or city officials if you have any specific questions.