The School Improvement Advisory Committee (SIAC) is a board-appointed committee representative of the Carlisle Community School District and community.
Membership consists of:
- At least two student representatives including the Carlisle High School Student Council president and one other student representative appointed by the high school principal or designee.
- Three teacher representatives including an elementary and secondary teacher as well as the CCEA representative.
- Three administration representatives including Superintendent, Director of Teaching & Learning, and a building principal.
- At least three parent representatives.
- Total representation should reflect the community’s demographics to the largest extent practicable.
Purpose and Responsibilities:
The purpose of the SIAC Committee is to provide input to the board of education regarding:
- Major educational needs
- Student learning goals
- Long-range and annual improvement goals
- Desired levels of student performance
- Progress toward meeting district goals