There are so many amazing things happening at CHS everyday! Our staff has worked incredibly hard and smart over the past couple of years to make our school one that everyone in Central Iowa will be talking about. Our school is committed to our mission, vision and goals of character, service and excellence in everything we do! The 2018-2019 school year will have students in classes with their teachers with additional time, resources and most importantly interventions. Our work as collaborative teams has vaulted our students to great successes in and out of the classroom. If you have any questions or want to learn more about the elite curriculum and programs we offer, please feel free to connect with me via email, phone, or come for a tour of our campus with me. Go Cats! -Matthew Blackmore
Blackmore became principal of Carlisle High School on July 1, 2014 following one year as principal at Ogden High School in Ogden, IA. Prior leadership experiences include assistant principal/activities director at Ankeny High School, Ankeny, IA. and assistant principal, Plainfield Central/North High School, Plainfield, IL.
Blackmore was a former special education teacher at his alma mater, Lockport Township High School, Lockport, IL. Blackmore also served the Porters as an assistant Football coach, bringing home Illinois 8A state championships in 2002 & 2003.
Blackmore grew up on the south side of Chicago, attending Lockport Township High School and graduating in 1995. Blackmore served the school as sports editor of the Porter Press school newspaper, as well as playing baseball, and football.
Blackmore went on to play college football at both Joliet Jr. College, Joliet, IL. and St. Ambrose University, Davenport, IA. before graduating with a B.A. in Special Education from Lewis University, Romeoville, IL. in 2001. He returned to Lewis University to receive his M.A. in school administration in 2003 and earned his educational specialist certificate from Iowa State University, Ames, IA. in 2012.
As a professional, Blackmore has participated in "Redesigning America's High School's Institute" in 2009 at Harvard University, Cambridge, MA. as well as prepared educational manuscript feedback reports for Solution Tree, Inc. Indianapolis, IN. Currently, Blackmore is an ad junct professor for Viterbo University, LaCrosse, WI.
Blackmore and his wife Megan, are the proud parents of William 15, Finley, 12 and Maggie Shea 9. An avid Michigan Wolverine fan, his hobbies also include reading, running, and attending his children's extra curricular events.
Awards & Recognition
- Illinois High School Athletic Association Class 8A State Football Champion Coach 2002
- Illinois High School Athletic Association Class 8A State Football Champion Coach 2003
- Opened NEW Plainfield North High School 2005, Plainfield, IL
- "Redesigning America's High Schools Institute" Graduate Harvard University, Cambridge, MA 2009
- Iowa High School Athletic Association State Champion Activities Director at Ankeny High School, Ankeny IA (Softball 2012, Baseball 2012, Football 2012, Coed Golf 2013, Girls Soccer 2013)
- Iowa Department of Education "High Performing" High School (Top 8%) 2016-17
- Iowa Department of Education "Breaking Barriers" Award Winner (Students of Hispanic decent Iowa Assessment scores) 2018
- "Model PLC School District" Solution Tree, Indianapolis, IN (1 of 12 Districts in North America) 2018