Jason Mehrhoff graduated from Northwest Missouri State University in Maryville, Mo, where he completed his bachelor's in Secondary English Education and a minor in Humanities. He is currently working on his masters in education from Morningside College in Sioux City, IA. Mr. Mehrhoff is originally from Anita, Iowa in the southwest corner of the state. He has completed ten years of teaching and coaching at the high school level. Mr. Mehrhoff started his career at Interstate 35 High School and has spent the last five years at Carlisle teaching high school language arts and coaching high school wrestling and football.
Classes for Fall 2018:
Advanced Language Arts 9
Language Arts 11
Books currently reading:
Barking up the Wrong Tree by Eric Barker
- Respect all members of the learning community.
- Take responsibility! Hand in your own work on time. Collect make-up work when absent.
- Be an active student – listen, take notes, and focus on assignments during class.
- Come to class prepared and bring all materials with you.
- Take bathroom breaks between classes.
- Unless given permission, NO electronic devices allowed in this class.
In an effort to ensure that student grades more accurately reflect skills and abilities, the Language Arts department uses the following categories:
- Formative assessments (quizzes, daily assignments, discussions, class activities) will count for 10% of the semester grade
- Summative assessments (tests, papers, projects, speeches) will count for 90%.
- Semester final will comprise 10% of your final grade for this class.
ELA Late policy:
Formative Assignments: You may turn in late assignments until the end of the unit, after which work will not be accepted.
Summative Assignments: You may turn in late assignments by submitting after TIDE reflection sheet is complete to teacher’s satisfaction.
Help is provided: Teachers are available to help you before and after school.