Talented & Gifted Program
Carlisle Community Schools support a comprehensive K-12 Talented & Gifted Program to meet the needs of gifted and talented students.
It is the mission of the Carlisle Talented & Gifted Program to extend and enrich the learning of high level learners in a challenging and rigorous learning environment.
- Talented & Gifted Programming is most effective when it’s integrated within the Carlisle educational system.
- It is the responsibility of TAG teachers, classroom teachers, support staff, parents, students and administration to work collaboratively to ensure the needs of gifted learners are met.
- Gifted learners need opportunities to explore their passions and interests in order to develop their talents, promote self-direction and encourage life-long learning.
- Talented & Gifted Programming is best provided through a flexible framework in order to meet the unique cognitive and affective needs of gifted learners.
- Gifted learners require qualitatively differentiated curriculum and instruction that includes, but is not limited to, increased rigor, appropriate pacing and/or acceleration.
- A comprehensive identification system is integral to determining a gifted learner’s programming.
District TAG Guidebook