This 2019-20 school year, Parent-Teacher Conferences are:
Wednesday, October 9, 2019 from 2:30 - 6:00 pm
Thursday, October 10, 2019 from 2:30 - 8:00 pm
Wednesday, March 11, 2020 from 2:30 - 6:00 pm
Thursday, March 12, 2020 from 2:30 - 8:00 pm
This year as part of the annual Parent-Teacher Conferences, Carlisle Middle School is implementing Student-Led Conferences (SLC).
The reason why is after doing a pilot in 2018-19 for 6th graders, the feedback from parents was overwhelmingly positive and included comments such as:
- The format including reserved time slots was more effective
- Efficiency of the conferences with less wait time
- Student ownership of their learning
CMS will be using an online tool to organize SLCs. Families sign-up for a time that fits their schedule and are able to do this online (it's really easy!) or if you prefer, we can do it for you.
SLC's allocate a 40 minute time slot per student to rotate through all four (4) core classes (ELA, Math, Science, and Social Studies). Please note that if you have more than one child in CMS, you'll need to sign up for more than one slot.
As well, additional time before or after your scheduled time slot(s) is available for meeting with Explore teachers (Art, Band, Choir, Computer Science, Creative English, Spanish, PE, and PLTW).
2. Review the options listed and choose the spot(s) you would like
3. Sign up! (Yes, it's that easy!!!)
Note: Athletic coaches and/or shared staff will be reaching out to families as to their availability. Please communicate with them directly if you have specific questions.
1. If you're unable to sign-up online or prefer to have us do it for you, please call Mrs. Rhonda Ermler in the Main Office at (515) 989-0833 and she will help you!